Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Frosted Coconut Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Coconut is probably not something you think of too often when you are baking with pumpkin, but sometimes you just have to try new things. The nutty, crunchy coconut really compliments the sweet sugary frosting and soft cookie.
The cookie itself has a subtle pumpkin flavor instead of being an actual pumpkin cookies. I find that people who hate pumpkin cookies, love these. There are two ways to make these- the easy way and the homemade way.
For the easy way– simply use a refrigerator sugar cookie dough. Place it in a bowl , add the seasoning and use hands to mix. Place in plastic wrap and roll into a log. Cut into slices. Bake.
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- 1/2 Cup ( or one stick) of butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- I follow this recipe for our buttercream frosting
- Wilton Buttercream Icing
- Just add a little dash of cinnamon!
- Cream the sugar, butter, vanilla, egg and pumpkin in a bowl, mixing well until combined. In another bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients (dry ingredients) . Add the dry ingredients to the other bowl and mix well. Spoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake on 350° for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool. Frost. Add coconut.
Another EASY cookie! 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies