Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
5 Modern Kitchen Design Ideas On A Budget
Want a modern kitchen?
Modern kitchen design is a hot trend, though maybe not one all can afford. So to help with your modern kitchen design ideas we have put together some great ideas for designing on a budget. Does your kitchen need a makeover? Sometimes you just get tired of a certain look and want a change. So, do it !
- Shop closeout sales- Close out and liquidation centers are the perfect place to shop and cut costs on items like small appliances. Bog box stores sometimes order too much and when they do, they either mark it way down on their own site or auction it off to a close out store for a very low price. These savings are passed on to you! Start your modern kitchen design here!
- Habitat For Humanity- Habitat For Humanity is an amazing resource for used furniture, cabinets and more. We have actually purchased a set of cabinets from HFH and were able to make them look completely different with just a little sweat and paint. Our set was 4 upper cabinets and cost $80!
- Watch Flea Market Flip- Flea market flip is a great way to learn how to turn really cheap yard sale and flea market finds into new, modern treasures. It is absolutely amazing the things you will see that are actually easy to make. For example, turning an old stainless steel table into a kitchen island. Or simply salvaging the modern steel hardware off of a storage cabinet to use on your new (used) kitchen drawers!
- Opt for the out of the ordinary- Research alternative flooring and wall covering ideas. People are trying to save money and are also embracing their inner creative side. I have seen flooring ideas for everything from paper to crushed cement or pennies.
- Instead of Replacing, ReUse- Don’t rip those counter tops out just yet. There are a TON of products out there putting a stop to the need for new counters. A great way to save is with self adhesive granite layover , it is a professional grade over lay that goes on in about 15 minutes and lasts years if installed properly. Note that we have used the paint for counter tops twice (different locations) by Rustoleum and though it looked great, it did not last. You have to be sure to do at least 6 coats of the finishing product and let it cure for 3 or 4 days. Regardless of the package instructions.
Whether you have $100 or $1000 to spend on your budget friendly modern kitchen design , these tips are a great place to start! Come back and let us know how your makeover turned out. We would love to see.