Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
The keto diet is a high fat, low carb way of eating that typically uses radishes to replace potatoes. Have you tried them yet? You won’t believe the how much the flavor changes once they are cooked!
Keto Diet Chicken & Radishes
One of the most common food items to disappear from your plate when switching to a low carb or keto way of eating is potato. Luckily the low carb world stumbled onto a quite shocking and genius alternative. Radishes. Yep- radishes. I know, right?
Radishes are known for their crisp, but spicy flavor and texture. Oddly, when you heat a radish the flavor changes almost immediately. There is absolutely ZERO spiciness left once you cook a radish. What is left is a neutral taste that has substance and crunch, leaving you to easily be tricked into thinking you are eating potatoes. Do they taste like a potato? No. But, they make a great alternative when on the keto diet.
Radishes can be boiled and pureed, pan fried, oven roasted and even grilled like in this recipe. We skewer chicken and radish then brush them with highly seasoned herb mixture. The result is a faux potato and chicken dish that is hearty and will leave you satisfied.
Get into ketosis fast without calculating macros. Just follow our easy keto menu plan.
These make a great appetizer for any get together, even the non keto/low carb’ers will love them!
Making our keto diet chicken & radishes
Serves 1 skewer
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 breasts
- (Thighs have more fat and less protein, better for keto)
- 1 bag of radishes, halved
- Seasoned Oil:
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- sprig fresh parsley & rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut chicken into 2" pieces.
- Skewer rotating chicken and radish pieces. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high.
- If roasting in the oven, use 450.
- In a microwave safe dish- add oil, butter and the bouillon cube. Heat until butter is melted. Mix to make sure the cube dissolved.
- Stir in remaining seasonings.
- Brush on chicken.
- Place skewers on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and brush with oil.
- Be careful of flare up, especially if you aren't use to cooking on the grill.
- Cook until chicken is golden and juices run clear, or internal temp reaches 160.