Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
This homemade turkey soup is so close to grandma’s that we had to call it that! Done in less than 30 minutes and tastes like it was simmered all day.
Grandma’s Homemade Turkey Soup
Cold weather calls for soup! I love soup, but rarely have time to make it and can not eat most of the canned soups because of the high sodium. So luckily we have a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. This recipe can be made in 30 minutes, but taste as though it has been simmering all day. You can also use chicken if you are not a fan of turkey. Just cook the chicken, chop and add to the pot. The fact that this recipe uses turkey left over from Thanksgiving makes this a quick and easy.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Cups of diced cooked turkey
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots washed & chopped (I personally don't peel my carrots)
- 1 Can of Corn
- Half of an Onion diced
- 1- 32 oz container of Turkey (or chicken) Broth ( I had my own homemade already, use that if you have it)
- 8oz. of egg noodles
- Teaspoon of Italian blend seasonings ( rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley. I used my own dried mix from the garden)
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium
- Add the diced onion cook for one minute to soften
- Dice carrots while the onion is cooking
- Add the turkey and carrots, mix well to coat in olive oil
- Slowly pour in broth, turn burner to high
- While this is coming to a boil, Add egg noodles and remaining ingredients
- Mix well
- Let boil for 5 minutes, reduce to medium low for 5-7 more minutes.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but I bet you probably have a ton of leftovers. That’s why today, these bloggers are bringing you some tasty leftover ideas! Most likely you spent all day cooking yesterday, so take a break today and give one of these a try.
Grandma’s Turkey Soup from How To This And That
Turkey-Cranberry Panini from Better in Bulk