Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
These funfetti cake mix cookies are super soft and moist, just like your favorite vanilla birthday cake! Next time you are craving cake, try these!
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Birthday cake in a cookie! Well, not quite. Of course there is no actual birthday cake inside of these cookies that would be crazy. Crazy fun actually… hmmm… lightbulb. Ok that is an idea for another time. Funfetti cake mix cookies are a simple way to get that flavor of vanilla cake with a little color and creativity too!
Serve these cookies as is or frost with a simple sugar cookie icing. Either way they are delicious and will be a hit with friends & family of all ages.
Making the Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
The process of making these cookies is simple. A few adjustments to a boxed cake mix and done. Basically any cake mix can be made into a cookie. I typically use half the amount of egg, oil and then add baking powder or baking soda according to what texture of cookie I want. For these cookies we wanted a nice thick soft cookie, so additional baking powder was needed.
Here is the recipe, Enjoy!
- 1 Cup of brewed coffee or espresso (hot or cold)
- 1 Cup of Skim Milk
- 1 tablespoons of sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ( or 1/8 tsp clove, cinnamon, nutmeg) If you do not have clove, try ginger or you can omit.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whip Cream
- Slowly warm all ingredients, except whipped cream, in a small sauce pan over low heat. Mix well.
- Heat for 5 minutes so all spices can infuse the liquid.
- Serve in a mug with whip cream and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to garnish, optional.
- Serves 1.
Another quick and easy cake mix cookie recipe Coconut Cream Chocolate Sandwich Cookies