Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Essential Pantry Items To Keep Stocked
Essential Pantry Items make meal planning and preparation easier, especially on a busy weeknight. There are just simply some items you should always have on stock in your pantry as a means for survival, convenience and just overall necessity. Below the list is a link to a great convenient way to help you keep the pantry stocked!
To help encourage you to fill your pantry easier, we have compiled a simple list of pantry must haves
10 things to keep in your pantry on a regular basis:
1. Spices – you should keep a regular stock of spices such as Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Blend, Cinnamon, Salt & Pepper.
2. Cooking Oil – whether you use vegetable or Olive oil, this is a must have stocked item that is probably going to be needed for each meal.
3. Canned Vegetables – vegetables are not always in season, unless they are canned!
4. Peanut Butter – high in protein and great in many recipes or just on toast for breakfast, peanut butter needs to be in your pantry.
5. Bottled Gallons of Water – in case of an emergency you will want to ensure your pantry is stocked with bottled gallons of water, best tip is to keep about 10-20 gallons on hand at all times. When an emergency strikes, you will be prepared.
6. Onions & Potatoes – adding a bit of diced up onions to your meal can add that extra flavor and potatoes make a great side dish any day.
7. Rice, Beans & Oats – rice is extremely versatile , dried beans last forever and oats can be used in many recipes!
8. Sugar & Flour – with sugar and flour on hand you can make almost anything at any time from scratch.
9. Condiments – mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, even pickles (which may not be a condiment, but they fit in)
10. Pasta – Much like rice, pasta can totally complete just about any meal and is very versatile.
Essential Pantry Items
Spices are an easy and inexpensive way to add a bit of flavor to any meal. Most every day meal cooking requires some form of cooking oil. Green beans and canned carrots will allow you to keep vegetables on hand for dinner time, even when these veggies are off season.
Having some form of peanut butter on hand is necessary as a means for a quick lunch or some toast first thing in the morning.
Onions & potatoes may be stored for 2-3 months in a pantry. They makes it easy on those nights you forget to buy a side for dinner.
Pasta is great even covered with just butter and herbs. So even if you don’t have sauce in the pantry, as long as you have pasta you have a meal.