Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Similar to a whoopie pie, these coconut cream chocolate cookie sandwiches have a creamy filling stuffed between two layers of cake like deliciousness!
Coconut Cream Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
One of the favorites in our household has always been my mom’s whoopie pie recipe. The problem with the recipe is that it makes literally like 3 dozen. Regardless of how much we like whoopie pies we could never eat that many and I personally think freezing them dries it out. I also like a more thin cake layer and the whoopie pies always puff right up.
I played around with a chocolate cookie recipe that was cake like and resembles a whoopie pie. The other thing I wanted was simplicity. I bake so much that sometimes semi-homemade is just easier and totally the way to go. Especially with this recipe, because we focus on an amazing homemade filling instead.
Here is how to make it , Enjoy!
Restaurant Style Belgian Waffles at Home
10 minPrep Time
4 minCook Time
14 minTotal Time
- A waffle iron hot and ready to go
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Topping of your choice
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and melted butter in a medium bowl. Add the flour , baking powder and half of the milk, mix well. Add the remaining milk, continue mixing. Batter shouldn't be too thick. Add more milk if need be.
- Make sure your waffle iron is ready, pour 3/4 cup of batter or the measurement your iron calls for into the center of the iron. Close the lid, cook according to manufacturers instructions.
Another great cookie recipe : Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies