Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches are a a sweet treat that, though they are not very healthy may trick you into thinking they are! Go ahead, have two. Below is both the homemade AND semi-homemade versions!
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches
Carrot cake is traditionally celebrated in the spring along with Easter, but we like it in the fall also. Fall and late summer is when our carrots start popping up ready in the garden. We make carrot cake, snack bread, cookies and all kinds of things with them, just like we do zucchini. A carrot cake cookie is perfect for snacking with a big glass of milk, but there is also so much you can do with these cookies. For example- make a cookie sandwich like we did here.
You can fill them with buttercream, ice cream or even your favorite whoopie pie filling. Of course you can eat them just as they are. The cookie is moist, a little crunchy around the edge and just slightly chewy. If using them for ice cream sandwiches, I suggest freezing the cookies for at least an hour before adding the ice cream so they don’t crumble apart.
Here is how to make them, Enjoy!
Also makes a great gift !
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup Hersey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder - $2.68 (prices may vary by store)
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Creamer , at least 11 oz. - Walmart has a brand that is $1
- 1 Cup Sugar
- A tiny dash of salt, about 1/4 tsp.
- This recipe made a 1 quart jar of mix and we still have plenty ingredients left over to make more.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. If you have a sifter use it, if not that is ok. I suggest having a cup of hot water on hand so you can test it out before you store it. This way you can see if you want to alter the recipe (more sugar etc) Remember that this is Special Dark cocoa so it will be stronger, more bitter. You can of course use regular cocoa, just up the amount to 2 Cups. Funnel into a Mason jar or air tight storage container.
- To Serve : Add 2 tablespoons to one standard size ( standard size is classified as 10 oz. ) mug of hot boiling water.
- Leave room in the mug to add more mix till it's just as you like it.
1 pouch Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix, Prepared per package instructions
Add 2/3 cup grated carrot & teaspoon vanilla
Bake per package directions.
Another fantastic sandwich cookie recipe: